We all want to lose fat and stay healthy.
我们都想要健康地减肥
But with all these diet pills and plans, what does science have to say about weight loss tips?
但是有了这么多减肥药和减肥计划,科学又是怎么说这些减肥技巧呢?
Let's get the obvious out of the way first, exercise
我们先解决掉最平淡无奇的「运动」
Not only does the physical active exercise burn calories immediately
体能活动不但能立即消耗卡路里
scientist recently found that it continues to burn fat while you sleep.
科学家近期也发现,连在睡觉的时候也都会持续消耗脂肪
During exercise your body uses up most of its available carbohydrates for energy and replaces them over the next 24 hours.
运动过程中,身体会消耗大部份可利用的碳水化合物来当做能量,并在接下来的 24 小时取代它们。
In the meantime, it begins to break down your fat storage for basic functions such as walking, talking and even sleeping.
同时,它会开始分解储存的脂肪来进行像是走路、讲话甚至是睡觉这些基本功能
Don't skip meals. Especially breakfast.
每一餐都不可以少吃,尤其是早餐
We've explained in our last video the science behind appetite.
我们在上一个影片中解释过食欲背后的科学了
When you starve yourself, your body and brain create intense urges to eat high-calorie foods
当你饿肚子时,身体和脑袋会产生想要吃高热量食物的冲动
as opposed to healthy options.
这是和健康相违背的
Breakfast specifically helps to keep blood sugar and hormone levels regular and gives your metabolism a boost to burn more calories through the day.
特别是早餐可以帮助维持血糖及荷尔蒙在正常的浓度,并加速新陈代谢,让身体在一天中燃烧更多的卡路里。
Adding more protein and low fat dairy to your diet helps as well.
在你的饮食中加入更多的蛋白质和低脂乳制品也会有帮助
Protein induces a large release of the chemical PYY, which goes to the brain and suppresses hunger signals.
蛋白质会促进大量的化学物质酪酪肽的释出,它会传到大脑并抑制饥饿感
Simply adding 10% more protein to your food can keep you full much longer.
只要在饮食中增加 10% 蛋白质的摄取,就可以维持更久的饱足感
Low fat dairy on the other hand contains calcium which binds to other fats you've eaten
另一方面,低脂乳制品含有钙,它会和其他被摄取的脂肪结合
and creates a soup like substance which can't be absorbed.
产生像汤一样,无法被人体吸收的物质
Instead, your body excretes this soup and with it more of the fat you've consumed.
所以你的身体会将这个类似汤的物质排出体外,让你消耗更多的脂肪
Speaking of soup, it's perhaps one of the best kept diet secrets.
说到汤,它可以说是最被棒的减肥小秘密
When you drink a glass of water with your meal, the fluid is easily absorbed before your food is digested
当你在吃饭的时候喝下一杯水时,液体可以很容易地在被消化之前被身体吸收
which quickly brings down the stomach size making you feel hungry.
这样一来可以会快速地让胃变小,使你感到饥饿
Take that same meal and puree it in a blender and the fluids have a much harder time being absorbed quickly this means your stomach stays expanded, making you feel full for longer.
将同一个餐点放进调理机里搅拌时,液体很难被快速地吸收,也就是你的胃会保持膨胀,使你维持更久的饱足感。
Count your calories. Studies show that people who actively document their food intake by using a journal
计算你的卡路里,研究指出会积极记录食物摄取的人
have drastic improvements over those who don't.
会比没有记录的人有更大的进步
Furthermore, knowing a coffee has 10 calories but a cappuccino has 100, gives you the opportunity
再者,知道一杯咖啡有 10 卡路里但卡布奇诺有 100 卡, 可以让你藉此机会来
to structure your diet to eat more while taking less calories.
打造可以吃很多、但摄取更少的热量的饮食计划
And while it may seem trivial, reducing your plate size can drastically change your food intake.
还有看似微不足道的一个技巧:缩小盘子的尺寸可以大幅地改变食物摄取量
Studies show that a simple change from 12 to 10 inches can reduce the amount of food you eat by up to 22%.
研究指出:只要将盘子从 12 吋变成 10 吋,可以减少高达 22% 的食物摄取量
Our bodies have a hard time turning down food in front of us even when we're full.
即便我们吃饱了,身体还是难以抗拒眼前的食物。
So the less food on your plate the better.
所以盘里的食物越少越好
Finally, sleep and stress play a large factor in how much we eat.
最后,睡眠和压力在我们食量中扮演重要的因素
Both sleep deprivation and stress levels increase appetite, making it harder to keep off the pounds.
失眠和压力都会增加食欲,使减重更为困难。
Got a burning question you want answered? Ask it in the comments or on Facebook and Twitter.
有迫不及待想要知道答案的问题吗?可以在下面的留言或是到脸书和推特发文
And subscribe for more weekly science videos.
并订阅我们来得知更多每周的科普影片
视频来源:AsapSCIENCE [] 图片:网络